If you’re ready to make a claim, need advice regarding a claim, or need to check your cover call us on +61 2 9333 3967.
Step 1. Contact us
Is it a medical emergency?
When you’re covered by Travel with Jane you can rely on MAPRE, a leading global Medical Assistance network, to help you in the event of an emergency.
If you’ve been caught up in an accident, injury, or sickness and think you might need hospitalisation or evacuation back to Australia, call us straight away, anytime.
You’ll be connected to the MAPFRE Medical Assistance team who’ll guide you through your emergency and help plan the best course of action.
Step 2. Gather supporting documents
Documents like medical reports, invoices, purchase receipts and police reports will help support your claim.
For medical, hospital or dental claims you’ll need to have called us as soon as possible, and you’ll need original medical accounts and receipts.
For claims related to loss or theft of your bags, phone, laptop or personal items, you’ll need to have reported the incident to the police or relevant authority immediately after discovering the loss. You’ll also need to obtain a written notice of your report and show proof of ownership for the items lost.
For claims due to a trip cancellation you’ll need to provide us with documents like your original booking invoice and receipts, a trip cancellation invoice, written confirmation from your airline or travel agent, and unused travel tickets and itineraries.
Step 3. Claim online
Use our easy claim form to claim online. We can process your claim within 10 business days of receiving a complete claim form and all necessary documents.
Don’t worry, we’ll send written notification within 10 business days if we need any additional information to support your claim.
Step 4. We’ll do the rest
Provided we’ve got all the necessary documents we’ll process, assess, and pay your claim without delay.
- Always keep your policy number handy when you travel. It will help us to help you faster if you need to call.
- In the event of an overseas emergency notify us as soon as possible. You can reach us 24/7 on +61 2 9333 3967.
- To claim on a bag or item that was stolen or lost you’ll need to have reported the theft or permanent misplacement within 24 hours to local police, your hotel, tour operator, airline, bus line, shipping line or rail line. Keep a copy of a written report or statement as you’ll need this when making your claim.
- Keep receipts for expenses and lost or stolen goods.
- Keep any valuables that get damaged as we may be able to repair them.
- If your trip is delayed or cancelled, always get written confirmation from your airline, travel agent, or tour operator.
- We will send written notification within 10 business days if any additional information is needed.