Travel with Jane offers a hijack benefit thats available in the event that you, your children or grandchildren are hijacked while travelling by air.
It’s a travellers worst nightmare and an almost unimaginable situation. Yet a hijacking remains a possibility for tourists who are seen as easy targets.
If you, your children or grandchildren are hijacked, while on board a commercial airline, while on your trip, Travel with Jane will pay the applicable limit per person for each 24-hour period that you, your children or grandchildren are held captive. A maximum payout of $500 per person, per day is available on Basic cover while on Comprehensive it’s $1,000 per person, per day.
Keep in mind
- The Hijack benefit is not available on Saver cover levels
- The most we will pay is for 10 days.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
To submit your Hijack claim, please provide as much information as possible about what happened. You’ll need to upload the following documents with your claim:
- Reports from the airline
- Police reports Any related medical reports (if applicable).
- Receipts for any costs that you’re claiming for.
- Bank statements showing what you paid in AUD, if you paid for costs in a foreign currency with a credit card.
Compare our Hijack benefits across 3 levels of cover
It’s easy to choose the right level of cover when you compare how each one takes care of specific benefits. Travel with Jane offers a travel insurance plans to suit every Australian. Compare our travel insurance levels to find the right cover for you.
At your fingertips
Emergency claim? Call +61 2 9159 6649
Want to check the facts? See the PDS
Hijack cover questions? See our FAQs