Need to cancel your trip? Here’s how a Travel with Jane Luxe travel insurance policy covers your trip cancellation fees and lost deposits.
Few things bite like having to cancel a holiday. Maybe you were struck down by chicken pox, or got made redundant out of the blue. Suddenly your holiday plans are up in the air and you’re worrying about getting your airfare or deposit back.
The good news is, if your trip is cancelled or shortened at any time due to any unforeseen circumstances outside of your control, Travel with Jane’s Luxe travel insurance policy will pay up to $12,000 to cover cancellation fees, lost deposits and frequent flyer points.
We’ll also pay up to $12,000 to cover additional trip delay or cancellation expenses due to becoming unwell on your trip, or due to natural disasters and strikes.
WHAT WE MEAN BY ‘UNFORESEEN’ CIRCUMSTANCES
Trip cancellation cover is all about backing you up if things go wrong before you start your trip, and without you having had any warning. So if you’re suddenly unwell and can’t board that plane, you need to have not had a pre-existing medical condition for your insurance cover to work. Ditto if you have to cut your trip short because a family member is seriously ill, we need to know that their condition was not pre-existing.
Or, if you have to cancel because you or your travel mate is suddenly without a job, but had seen the writing on the wall, like rumours of redundancy or having written the first draft of your resignation letter, these are ‘foreseen’ circumstances leading to your trip being cancelled and can’t be covered.
If your trip is delayed or cancelled due to certain events including becoming sick or getting injured while on our trip, or if you’re caught up in a natural disaster and strikes, Travel with Jane will cover additional expenses of up to $12,000 for additional accommodation and transport expenses.
We’ll also cover the cost of resuming your trip if you have to return home to Australia early as a result of the sickness or disabling injury of your travelling companion or close relative.
WHAT WE’LL PAY
Flights, accommodation & tour cancellation fees
You’re covered for cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation that you’ve paid for in advance and can’t get a refund on, up to $12,000.
|up to $12,000|
Travel agent cancellation fees
If you booked your trip through a travel agent and paid up front or paid your deposit, we’ll pay your cancellation fees up to $1,500.
|up to $1,500|
Frequent flyer points
We will pay you for the loss of frequent flyer or similar air travel points you used to purchase an airline ticket following cancellation of your airline ticket.
We calculate the amount we pay you by multiplying:
|Up to $12,000|
* Sub–limits apply to this benefit
WHEN WE WON’T BE ABLE TO PAYHere are the main things to look out for. To be super prepared, read your policy PDS:
- If, before taking out insurance, you were aware of any reason your trip could be cancelled or shortened we won’t be able to cover your cancellation fees.
- If your trip is cancelled due a relative becoming sick or passing away from a pre-existing medical condition we won’t be able to cover your cancellation fees. Unless, your relative with a pre-existing medical condition, is hospitalised or dies in Australia or New Zealand where you could not reasonably have been aware that this would happen. In this case we will pay up to $2,000 to cover your trip cancellation costs.
- We won’t be able to cover your cancellations fees if your trip is cut short due to the sickness, injury or passing of any person who lives outside of Australia or New Zealand.
- If your trips is cancelled due to a change of mind, by you or your travel companion your cancellation fees won’t be covered.
- If your claim relates to the financial collapse of your airline, tour or accommodation we won’t be able to cover your cancellation fees. The same goes if your trip is cancelled due to a mechanical breakdown of any means of transport.
- If you need to cancel your trip due to airline delays or changes we won’t be able to cover your cancellation fees.
Don’t let a cancelled trip ruin both your holiday and your savings. Bring Travel with Jane travel insurance along for the ride and be covered when you need it most. Get a personalised quote to see how much you could save.