Hitting the slopes on an alpine adventure? Be sure to bring Winter Sports cover along for the ride.
Like most insurers, Travel with Jane travel insurance covers you for most sports and activities, the exception being winter sports.
As winter sports are a more risky affair, travellers heading to the snow are advised to add Winter Sports cover to their policies as an optional extra at the time of buying their policy.
With Winter Sports cover in the bag, you’re covered for a wide range of snow sports:
- Recreational skiing and snowboarding
- Big foot skiing and snowboarding
- Cat skiing and snowboarding
- Cross-country skiing and snowboarding (along a designated cross country ski
- Glacier skiing and snowboarding
- Heli-skiing and snowboarding (provided by a commercial operator and available to the general public only)
- Ice hockey (not competitive)
- Ice skating
- Lugeing (on ice) (provided by a commercial operator and available to the
general public only)
- Mono skiing
- Off-piste skiing or snowboarding with a professional snow sport instructor/
Even with additional Winter Sports cover, we cannot cover these winter sports and activities:
- Related to ski/snowboard racing (including training)
- Ski/snowboard acrobatics, freestyle skiing/snowboarding, ski/snowboard fun parks, ski/snowboard jumping or stunting; off-piste skiing/snowboarding without a professional snow sport instructor/guide
- Cross-country skiing outside of a designated cross country ski route
- Parascending (over snow)
It’s also good to know that you won’t be covered if you don’t stick to the resort’s rules, and, if you’re racing or participating in a professional capacity.
- You can only add Winter Sports optional cover to while buying your policy, not after.
Safety first, even on holiday. Go smarter with Travel with Jane travel insurance.