In search of travel experiences that will blow your hair back and leave you lost for words? The curious people at Buzzfeed have rounded up 7 of the world’s greatest hikes and walks. Watch, Google and book!
- The soaring heights and exclusive ocean views along the 35km long Kalalau Trail in Kauai Hawaii, USA. The trail provides rare access from Ke’e Beach to Kalalau Beach along the Na Pali Coast.
- 97km Of unspoilt wilderness on the majestic Yosemite Grand Traverse in Yosemite National Park, California USA, complete with a cable climb up the Half Dome!
- The ancient terraces and Inca ruins of the sacred 42km long Inca Trail at Cusco, Machu Picchu in Peru.
- The 56km long Laugavegar Trail in Landmannalaugar, Thorsmork Iceland, with thermal hot springs and therapeutic mud pools to explore.
- Europe’s highest mountain peak trail, the Tour du Mont Blanc, with portions of the 170km hike weaving in and out of Switzerland, Italy and France.
- The fairytale Cinque Terre Trail in Italy’s rugged Riveria coastline, which spans 5 centuries-old coastal villages along a 10km interconnected path.
- The 65km Overland Track in the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park,Tasmania, which traverses Tasmania’s highest peak and deepest lake all in one hike!
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain