What if you accidentally injure someone or damage property on your overseas trip? What if your travel agent experiences financial default and has to cancel your booking? Here’s how Travel with Jane covers you.
The possibility that you could accidentally harm someone on your holiday is definitely not something you want to think about. The thing is, just like at home in Australia, it can happen. Breathe easy knowing that Travel with Jane offers a stack of benefits that take care of legal liability, legal expenses and travel operator financial default.
Legal liability benefit
If during your trip you injure someone, cause someone to die, or lose or damage someone’s property and become legally liable to pay compensatory damages as a result, or are required to pay reasonable legal costs and expenses, approved by us, for settling and defending a claim made against you, we will pay you up to the applicable limits.
Good to know
We will not cover you for losses, liability or expenses that are as a result of:
- You or your travelling companion or a relative or employee of either of you suffering an injury.
- Property belonging to or in the care or control of you, your travelling companion, relative of yours, or an employee of any of the aforementioned.
- Having a claim against you related to the use of any motor vehicle or mechanically propelled vehicle, any aircraft, water or firearms.
- Having a claim against you arising from the conduct of a business, profession or trade, including you providing professional advice or service.
- You being required to pay any sort of fine or penalty, punitive, aggravated or exemplary damages.
- Any conduct intended to cause bodily injury, property damage or liability with reckless disregard for the consequences of you or any person acting with your knowledge, consent or connivance.
- Any terrorist act or any loss arising out of the intentional use of military force to intercept, prevent, or mitigate any known or suspected terrorist act.
- Any disease that is transmitted by you.
- Assault and/or battery committed by you or at your direction.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide for full details.
Compare our legal liability benefit across 4 levels of cover
It’s easy to choose the right level of cover when you compare how each one takes care of specific benefits. Travel with Jane offers 4 travel insurance plans to suit every Australian. Compare our travel insurance levels to find the right cover for you.
At your fingertips
Emergency claim? Call +61 2 9159 6649
Want to check the facts? See the PDS
Legal liability cover question. See our FAQs