Dear daredevils, finally your pulse racing holiday hobbies are covered. Pay a little extra to abseil, trek, hang glide, dive and more, with the safety of travel insurance backup. The adventure add-on is good for adventure sport injuries and adventure sport equipment.
Extra cover for abseiling, trekking, zip lining, diving and more.
If during your trip, you participate in the following amateur sports and activities and sustain an accidental injury, we will provide cover for any accidental injury sustained as specified in table within the adventure add-on section of the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording:
- abseiling and zip lining (fully harnessed)
- animal conservation and handling (under appropriate supervision, and excludes hunting)
- battle re-enactment (not with firearms)
- cave and river tubing
- caving and potholing
- contact sports including any form of rugby, Australian Rules football or American football
- deep sea fishing (with a licensed commercial operator)
- expeditions to or on the Kokoda Trail
- flying – as a passenger with a licensed commercial small aircraft or helicopter
- football (amateur and occasional)
- hiking, trekking or tramping at peak altitudes from 3000m to 5000m, and where specialist climbing equipment is not required
- hang gliding, tandem gliding and paragliding – in tandem with a licensed instructor
- martial arts – training, not competition
- mountain biking (non-competitive or downhill)
- outdoor rock climbing – with ropes and appropriate safety gear
- sailing – up to 24 kilometres off land, not racing
- scuba diving – depth maximum of 30 metres, as a holder of an open water diving licence recognised in Australia, or diving with a licensed instructor
- sky diving, parachuting – in tandem with a licensed instructor
- shooting – moving targets e.g. clay pigeon – at a licensed gun range
Own adventure sport equipment
If during the period of insurance and while on a trip, your adventure sport equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, wes will either:
- Reimburse the value of the adventure sport equipment after allowing for reasonable depreciation for items that are more than two years old; or
- Arrange and pay for, or reimburse the cost of, repairing or replacing the adventure sport equipment with articles in the same condition but not with articles better or more expensive than the adventure sports equipment were when new.
The most we’ll pay is $1,000.
Keep in mind
In addition to ‘What we don’t cover’, as stated in the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording, we will not pay for:
- Damage to gear while in use
- Items left unattended
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Damage caused by wear and tear, vermin or any process of cleaning, repairing, restoring or alteration
- Items sent under the provision of any freight contract
- Items forwarded in advance and unaccompanied
- Loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs or other officials or authorities.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
- You must report your loss or theft to the police or responsible public-transport provider within 24 hours and provide us with a written record prepared by the police or public-transport provider at the time the loss or theft is reported.
Adventure sport equipment hire
If during the period of insurance and while on a trip, your adventure sport equipment is lost, stolen or damaged and a claim has been accepted by us; or delayed by your public transportation provider by more than 24 hours, then Travel with Jane will reimburse the cost of hiring alternative adventure sports equipment up to $1,000.
Keep in mind
We will not provide cover as shown in ‘What we don’t cover at all’, in the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording.
Unused adventure sports costs
If during the period of insurance and whilst on a trip, you suffer an accidental injury or sickness and a doctor certifies you are unable to use your pre-booked and pre-paid adventure sports costs then, Travel with Us we will reimburse you for the non-refundable cost of the unused portion up to the maximum sum insured specified in table within the adventure add-on section of the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording.
Keep in mind
Any claims must be accompanied by a copy of a medical report provided by a doctor detailing the nature and extent of the accidental injury or sickness and as a result confirming your inability to participate in adventure sport.
What does the adventure add-on cover?
- Unlimited adventure sports injuries
- Unlimited adventure sport overseas emergency medical & hospital expenses*
- $1,000 Own adventure sport equipment
- $1,000 adventure sport equipment hire
- $1,000 Unused adventure sports costs