They all have one thing in common: extreme bragging rights. Last week Airbnb unveiled its top Wish Listed destinations and properties around the world. After digging through the spots saved by millions of guests since the feature was launched in 2012, Airbnb arrived at the wish list to end all wish lists. The top 10 places that people would most love to stay in look nothing like your typical hotel, five star or not. No sprawling resorts to be seen, and certainly no glitzy Vegas high-rises. Instead, travellers are most taken with odd and quirky stays off the beaten path. The adventure of a fantasy treehouse is by far the most popular type of stay on Wish Lists. Others are all about snuggle-factor of cottages and igloo-like properties, being the second most popular type. Closely followed by more of the unconventional, like caves, lighthouses and vans – which round out the top 5 most Wish Listed property types by the Airbnb community.
Top 10 Most Wish Listed Properties on Airbnb
1. Secluded Intown Treehouse in Atlanta, Georgia
2. The SeashellHouse ~ Casa Caracol in Mexico
3. Casa Barthel in Tuscany, Italy
4. Unique Cob Cottage in Mayne Island, BC, Canada
5. Aroma(n)tica TreehouseinMonferrato in San Salvatore Monferrato, Alessandria, Italy
6. Mushroom Dome Cabin in Aptos,California
7. Pirates of the Caribbean Getaway in Topanga Canyon, California
8. Balian Treehouse with private pool in Bali
9. Brand New Mini Loft in Rome, Italy
10. Off the Gridit House, in Pioneertown, CAThere you have it. If ever you need a spark to kickstart a mid-meeting daydream, this is it.
Image Credit Airbnb]]>